Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day # 10 - Happy Halloween!!

Day # 10 - 3lbs, 15oz

Sorry for the late update.  I was a little jealous at all the attention Emerie was getting being the only Shaw in the hospital, so I decided I wanted to be in the hospital too.  I was admitted overnight on Thursday for postpartum preeclampsia and had to get 24 hours of IV magnesium.  Apparently, IV magnesium gives you really bad blurry vision and it's difficult to post to a blog when you can't read the computer screen.  The good news is I'm feeling much better, seeing much better and should be discharged later today. 
Emerie had a good day yesterday.  She is still gaining weight and they are increasing the volume of her feeds and well as the calories.  Normally breast milk has 20 calories per ounce.  The milk Emerie gets is 23 calories per ounce because extra fat, protein and vitamins and minerals are added by the "feeding fairies," as the nurses call them.   I leave the milk in a special bin in her room, it's picked up by the feeding fairies and returned with the proper supplementation.  What each baby gets for supplementation is different and the feeding fairies do this for every baby in the NICU.   Emerie also spent yesterday off the bili lights.  The plan is to check another bilirubin this morning. 

As promised, here are some pictures from "dinner" a few days ago.  I'll have Halloween pictures tonight.  We'll be celebrating a day late since I was in the hospital. 




No comments:

Post a Comment